Anyone who has suffered injury or loss due to the fault of someone else can make a personal injury claim. Although the most typical personal injury claims arise as a result of motor vehicle accidents, many people who suffer “mishaps” are unaware they may have a claim. If an injury has been suffered, there are many situations which merit an accident claim:
If you have fallen:
- Are conditions slippery?
- Has someone or something preventible created a hazard?
- Is a change in terrain inappropriately marked?
- Has the building code been met?
- Is there something that takes your attention away from your feet?
- Has a tripping hazard been created by a curled rug, item left on the floor or other situation?
- Did someone or something knock you off balance?
If you have been injured by an animal:
- Was the animal on the loose?
- Were you warned that the animal was dangerous?
- Were you “invited” to the premises where the animal resided?
If a personal injury is caused in a supervised activity:
- Were you provided proper equipment?
- Was appropriate instruction provided?
- Was the activity suitable for someone of your ability, stature, strength, fitness, etc.
You are eligible to commence a personal injury claim if you have suffered a real injury and a case can be made that someone else was at least partially responsible for that injury. If you think you MIGHT have a potential accident claim, don’t hesitate. A consultation is FREE. Call or email and find out if you have a claim.